Dulce de Leche Caramel Chocolate Pecan Pie
Pay de Cajeta y Chocolate con Nuez
- For the Crust
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 stick, ½ cup, cold unsalted butter, diced
- ¼ cup cold water
- For the Filling
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Cinnamon Dulce de Leche Caramel
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups, 8 ounces, pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 2 oz., 1/3 cup, chopped bittersweet chocolate
- To prepare the crust: Place flour, salt, sugar and diced cold butter in a food processor. Process a few times, until the mixture looks like coarse meal. Add the cold water, and process again a few times. The dough should become moister. Remove from food processor, gather onto a ball. Lightly dust your countertop with flour, and knead dough 3 to 4 times, until it comes together. Shape onto a flat ball, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for until firm, about an hour.
- To prepare the filling: In a bowl, beat the 3 eggs with a whisk until foamy. Incorporate the Cinnamon Dulce de Leche Caramel, brown sugar, corn syrup, melted butter and salt and whisk well until it is well blended. Add chopped pecans and chocolate and mix well.
- To assemble pie: Set the oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees. Remove the dough from the refrigerator. Lightly dust your countertop with flour, hands and rolling pin. Roll out the dough to about an 11 to 12” round. Place it on a pie mold, pressing the bottom and sides and crimp the edge on top. Pour Dulce de Leche filling onto pie crust. Cover pie loosely with aluminum foil and place in the oven. Bake for 55 minutes, or until the pie is set and edges have lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.