Dulce de Leche Caramel Ricotta Pancakes
Pancakes de Ricotta con Cajeta
Makes 10 to 12 small pancakes
- 1 cup Ricotta or requesón cheese
- 1 cup Dulce de Leche Caramel
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Butter or vegetable oil to cook pancakes
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Fruit of your choice, such as berries, mango or bananas.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, Dulce de Leche Caramel and eggs until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, mix well, until completely incorporated. Lastly, add the lime juice and zest, mix again.
- Preheat a large non stick skillet or griddle over medium-low heat for at least 5 minutes. Once hot, add enough butter or oil to cover surface. Ladle ¼ cup pancake batter per pancake, cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, flip and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on the second side. Serve sprinkled with confectioner’s sugar and fruit of your choice.