Dulce de Leche Blondie with Chocolate Chunks
Blondie de Cajeta con Trozos de Chocolate
9 to 12
- ½ cup or 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup Dulce de Leche Caramel
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces coarsely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- Set oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8 x 8 non stick square pan with butter and cover entirely with 2 strips of aluminum foil, leaving “leaves” on all sides, to help lift blondies from the pan when ready.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer set with the paddle attachment, beat the butter over medium speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce speed to low, add Dulce de Leche Caramel, sugar, egg and vanilla and continue beating until incorporated. Add the dry ingredients a spoonful at a time, and continue beating until well mixed. Lastly, add chopped chocolate and mix for a few more seconds.
- Scrape mixture onto prepared pan. Place in the oven and bake for 55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out moist but not wet. Remove from the oven, let cool, remove from the pan by lifting the foil. Peel off the foil and cut into squares.