Dulce de Leche Cheesecake
Pay de Queso con Cajeta
- For the Crust
- 1½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons, ¾ stick, unsalted butter, melted, plus more to butter the mold
- For the Filling
- 2/3 cup Dulce de Leche Caramel
- 11/2 cups, 12 ounces, cream cheese
- ¼ cup 3 sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- For topping
- ¼ cup Dulce de Leche Caramel for drizzling
- To make crust: Butter an 8” to 9” pie mold or plate. Stir the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter in a bowl. Turn mixture onto prepared pie mold. Press with your fingertips all over the bottom and work up the sides to create an edge of at least 1”. Place in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees with rack in the middle.
- To make the filling: In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the Dulce de Leche Caramel along with the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, heavy cream and salt, until completely smooth. Turn filling onto chilled crust.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes, until it puffs up and lightly browns on top. Remove from the oven. Once it has cooled to room temperature, drizzle remaining Dulce de Leche Caramel on top. Place in the fridge and let it chill for at least 3 hours before serving.