Salmas with Octopus Ceviche
Salmas con Ceviche de Pulpo
Preparation time: 2.5 hours
- • 1 package of Salmas
- • 1 ½ lb cooked Octopus
- • 1 small Red Onion
- • 1 small Tomato
- • Juice of 8 Limes
- • Juice of 2 Lemons
- • 3 tablespoons of finely chopped Cilantro
- • Olive Oil
- • Salt
- • Optional: 2 Peppers or Serrano Peppers
- 1. Cut the octopus meat into small bit size slices
- 2. Slice half of the onion into small pieces, place in a bowl and add a bit of water just to cover them, and add salt to taste. Let rest for about 10 minutes, then drain and rinse well.
- 3. Place the octopus in a bowl and add half of the lemon/lime juice mixture, the water-soaked diced half-onion, diced hot peppers and salt to taste. Let marinate for two hours.
- 4. Dice the other half-onion and place in a bowl. Add the remaining lemon/lime juice mixture, add some salt to taste and let marinate for the same 2 hours as you marinate the octopus.
- 5. After 2 hours have passed, combine the marinated octopus with the marinated onions and mix well to create the octopus ceviche.
- 6. Cut the tomato and cilantro into small pieces and place aside.
- 7. Add some octopus ceviche to the Salma and garnish with olive oil, cilantro and tomato. Buen provecho!